The Regional Initiative for Inclusive Recycling (IRR) has achieved the following accomplishments:
- Characterization of the recycling sector in 15 Latin American and Caribbean countries.
- Implementation of actions in 14 of the region’s countries.
- The development of 21 strategic projects which benefit more than 17,000 waste pickers in 70 municipalities around the region.
- Knowledge exchange activities and training activities benefitting 5,600 waste pickers and 300 municipal public servants in 14 countries.
- The provision of technical support to 7 national governments in the development of inclusive ISWM public policies and in the articulation and structuring of national networks of waste pickers.
- Preparation of 20 knowledge products.