The IRR works with people from the public and private sectors as well as the general public, to design and implement projects which integrate waste pickers into the Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) services and the recycling value chain.
- The possibility of increasing the impact of their interventions: Activities carried out by the IRR complement one another and aim to capitalize on the knowledge and best practices obtained from previous experience. This increases the impact of a given intervention.
- Increased visibility and positioning of their contribution to inclusive recycling, both within their own countries and in the wider region, highlighting the social impact of their participation.
- An existing governance framework that is already recognized at the regional level:The IRR has a Regional Consulting Board and National Committees, as well as its Implementation Team who provide an overall vision of the recycling panorama at the national and regional levels. Participating waste picking organizations legitimize the IRR.
- Flexibility and decision making power to carry out initiatives:In many cases, the IRR leverages funds from multiple members to design and implement projects which fulfill areas of mutual interest. In other cases, members develop their own initiatives in accordance with the IRR’s general objective.
- Access to knowledge and collaboration networks related to the chain.
If you would like to be a part of this alliance, you can do so by becoming an IRR member. You can choose the level of participation that best suits your organization’s needs.
If you would like to become a member and promote inclusive recycling in your region, please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.